Preservation Mirage celebrates important and historic architecture in Rancho Mirage while promoting its appreciation and preservation. Specifically, by
- Raising awareness of historic architecture in the city
- Encouraging the preservation and protection of historic places thereby improving the quality of life in the city
- Providing educational opportunities that will enhance appreciation of the city’s historical resources
- Advocating for the preservation of historic architecture
- Conducting ongoing research into historic homes and neighborhoods
Preservation Mirage began as an informal group of midcentury homeowners that met to exchange ideas and information about owning and preserving midcentury architecture. As the number of participants increased, so did the goals of the group. In late 2017, a board of directors was elected and the preservation group became a registered nonprofit.